Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thunderwolf Lords


Thunderwolf Lords are incredibly versitile and deadly in close combat. With Toughness 5, Strength 5, Initiative 5, 5 base attacks, Weapon Skill 6, Ballistic Skill 5, and the ability to take all kinds of wargear they can cost as much as a landraider. That being said, I have used different types of Thunderwolf Lords to wipe light vehicles, stun landraiders, destroy infantry models, etc. As I complete my list for Saturday's tournament. What type of Wolf Lord would you rather not face?

A. Frost Blade-(Strength 6) with Storm Shield-(3+ Invol), Runic Armor (2+ armor)
B. Thunderhammer-(Strenth 10) with Storm Shield-(3+ Invol), Runic Armor (2+ armor)
C. Frost Blade-(Strength 6) with Bolt Pistol-(6-attacks), with Warrior Born Saga-(For every model killed, get +1 to base attacks the next combat phase)

4 comments:

  1. I think I'd go ThunderHammer for the beatdown, and autoshaking vehicles.

    but S6Power Weapons are nice, don't get me wrong.

    but Storm Shield, and runic armor seems no-brainer to me. That's silly hard to kill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of these, I like the thunderhammer for its versatility.

    I also like wolf claws and saga of the warrior born. Reroll to hit or to wound with S5 and 6 attacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the Strength 6 at initiative 5. I am torn between the Thunderhammer though. I think I am going to pair the frost axe on the lord with a thunderhammer and storm shield from a normal thunderwolf. Together, I still have a Strength 10 beatdown and strength 6 at initiative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd use option 4:
    wolf claw, shield, runic armor

    being S5 you'll wound most things on a 3+ so the re-rool to hit is very usefull. The re-rolls can also be used against vehicles.

    ReplyDelete