Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lafayette 1500 Point Tournament Win!!




The Saturday portion of the tournament is complete and I pulled out a victory in the three round tournament with 103 out of 114 possible points. The ship has been righted, the wrong has been corrected. I am satisfied with the results obviously and feel fulfilled within my soul. The closure from the last tournament is complete. Ok, now to the good stuff.


With all the hype and models dieing around me I forgot to take any pictures. Ugghh!!! Sorry, I will do better next time.

My list was:

Wolf Lord (On foot, yes on foot not on a TW) With Frost blade and belt of russ.
Rune Priest with Jaws and Living Lightning.
2 Grey Hunter pack with Meltagun in Rhino
1 Grey Hunter pack with Metlagun in Drop Pod
1 Grey Hunter pack with Flamer in Razorback
1 5 Inquisitorial Stormtrooper with 2x Melta guns
1 5 Inquisitorial Stormtrooper with 2x Plasma guns
1 Wolf Guard unit with
1 Pfist and Combi melta
1 Wolf Claw and Combi melta
1 Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol
1 Combi melta and CCW
1 Terminator with Cyclone Missle Launcher
1 Rhino
1 Long fang pack with 3 Missles and 2 Plasma Cannons
1 Rhino
1 Predator-Autocannon and Heavy Bolters
1 Scout Squad with Meltagun

First Game:

I played a Newer Space Marine Player that had a Master of the Forge and 2 units of scouts with 5 shooty terminators, and Crusader, 3 tac squads, 1 assault squad, and 2 dreadnoughts.

I didn't table him but left him with 2 terminators on the last 2 turns so not to be a d#$%.

I received max battle points.

Second Game:

I played a Guard player that probably had the best list at the tournament. He had, 2seperate Lemun Russ Battle Tanks (Wasted points on pask, lascannon hull mounts, and Heavy bolter side sponsons), 1 Open Topped Medusa, 3 Chimera's with 2 Vet squad in 1 and Storm troopers in another, a scout sentinel with Missle Launcher(?), a Platoon Command Squad with Astropath, Officer, etc, 2 platoons with lascannons, a heavy mortar team, and a heavy lascannon team.

He went first and killed 5 longfangs, and that is it on his first turn of shooting. I drop podded in and killed his medusa as well as rhino rushed him. His turn two wasn't much better with failing to penetrate rhino hulls on 4 lascannon hits and rolling 4 1's. He did pop a transport but that is all. On my turn 2 I blew a Chimera, made 2 units run off the table, assaulted his Lemun Russ with Pask and blew it up (With 8 krak grenades), killed his ratlings to the man, blew off all the weapons and imobilized his double heavy flamer Chimera. He conceeded before the assault phase was complete.

I believe he wasn't used to his guard and his very, very, very poor rolling didn't help. I ended with max points on this mission.

Third Game:
I was paired up against Scott! Man I was nervous on this one as he has had my number in the last 5 matches we have played. The Mission was picking up gems on the table and keeping them with infantry size models. He let me go first, which was probably his first and only error. I was able to deploy and take the vital 3 gems in the middle of the board and run away from his terminators with TH/SS before he could crush me. I also had 6 troop choices with 44 infantry size models to his 35. We fought each other hard, but Scott not getting his Landraider Crusader with Vulkan on turn 3 caused a big dent in his plan. I ended up with max points on this mission as well.

Overall I had a great day, and as I continue to improve on my painting it is really helping me in the last few tournaments. Thanks to Scott for giving me tips and showing me a few things. Thanks to Keith for letting me playtest the new direction am going with my Space Wolves.

Thanks to Carlos for a good tournament.

I hope to see you all on November 6th.

1 comment: